Thursday, October 2, 2014

TIL:Hearthstone Episode “4” - Puffin in the Spotlight

TIL:Hearthstone Episode “4” - Puffin in the Spotlight

TIL:Hearthstone is a weekly video podcast that airs every Thursday @ 9pm EDT on TotallyProtocol's Twitch channel here. We recap Hearthstone community news and spotlight a different Hearthstone streamer each week.


http://tilhearthstone.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Link to Vod on Youtube Click here




TIL: Hearthstone – Episode 4 – Puffin in the Spotlight

TotallyProtocol - Puffin

Intro

EU Regionals Road To Blizzcon Happened last week. I caught almost all of the tournament which means I basically didn't do much for 3 days last week because that was a long tournament. Puffin did you happen to catch the tournament?

(What you saw)

What did you think of the time length of this tournament? I know some people said it was unfair to Kolento and the other players that had to play later.

(Thoughts)

Overall I thought the production quality of the tournament was amazing and probably the best we've seen so far, from the casters to the overlays and the interviews in between, my hat's off to dreamhack for the awesome tournament.

But let's get into the tournament matches/players themselves. 

NumberGuy, Kaor, Greensheep, and Kolento were the players who qualified for Blizzcon. It appears there were some interesting upsets here.

So 2 weeks ago we had Theude on an he announce that he wouldn't be going to Sweden and so Greensheep or Kaor took his place. Kinda interesting that both of those replacement players made it through to Blizzcon. That was one of the most surprising things I saw. What about you Puffin, what surprised you?

(Thoughts)

I've never played in a real tournament offline or online but I assume the offline tournaments can get pretty intense and nerves can get the better of you. It seemed like that could have been an issues for some of theres players. Puffin I believe you have some experience with big and/or offline tournaments. How much do nerves effect your play?

(Answer)

For me the most exciting series was the Kolento Thijs match. What was the most entertaining series for you Puffin?

(Thoughts)

NA Regionals Road To Blizzcon Are this weekend in New York and I'm pretty excited because I'll be there watching. Hopefully also get to talk to/interview some of the players. We already discussed the players going last week but there have been some new developments. The 2 players from the Philippines, Chalk and Staz, will be unable to attend the event because they were denied Visas twice. The second time Blizzard even got involved. It sucks that this keeps happening to these players. They have huge opportunities and then are unable to capitalize on them because of situations that are out of their control. I think it's pretty cool that Blizzard actually got involved with this and tried to help. What are your thoughts on the whole issue Puffin?

(Thoughts)

WCA 2014 Started yesterday and there seemed to have been a few hiccups with a lot. Doesn't seem as polished as Dreamhack. But nonetheless I am still very much enjoying it. Have you guys been following? Puffin?

(Yes/No/Etc)

The Chinese players I've seen so far have been playing some odd decks and have made some questionable plays. I don't doubt they're good at the game and of course deck choice could vary with the meta difference but what are your thoughts on the deck choices so far Puffin?

(Thoughts)

I saw Hyped play a really cool Miracle Rouge with novice engineers against Savjz I want to get that list asap and play it myself it was very impressive.  Any different decks you guys have seen that you're interested in Puffin?

(Answer)

Trump's Cyberbullying Video This video has been a pretty hot topic lately and I thought it's something we should talk about. Not just the video but cyber bullying in general especially on Twitch since that's where we're streaming now and that's where our guest streams it seems to be a pretty big problem. I know how it is from being a content creator you get a lot of negative/hateful comments. I've gotten them on plenty of video I've put on YouTube. So Puffin what are you thoughts being a streamer?

(Thoughts)

What do you think of the term "White Knight"? I don't understand how or why this title has a negative connotation tied to it. Maybe because it's the internet and people are "tough" or something. But I'm sure in real life no one is gonna say "hey man you suck because you're sticking up for this kid that's getting picked on or bullied" no that wouldn't happen.

(Thoughts)

Q & A Reminder

Streamer Spotlight So it's time to spotlight our guest streamer Puffin. Tell us about yourself and your stream.

(Talk about your stream here, chat interaction? talk out your plays?)

Tell us about any ladder achievements or tournaments you've done well in.

(Answer)

Tell us about your gaming background

(Card games/video games/etc)

Why did you decide to start streaming? And how long have you been streaming for?

(Answer)

You've brought a deck with you. Let's talk about the deck. http://i.imgur.com/Didpgjm.png

(Deck Talk)

(Thoughts)

TIL: As our show comes to an end let's hear what everyone has learned today. Puffin what did you learn today or this week?

Today I Learned _____

Today I Learned _____

Shoutouts and Thank Yous

No comments:

Post a Comment